Nothing says drama like the cat eye.
The first and most important tip I can give you regarding eye liner application is you must be patient with yourself, especially if you are just getting started with it. Second, be willing to practice. The result is well worth the effort. Also once you get used to applying liner you can literally transform your eyes in 5 minutes or less. How fantastic is that?
Things you’ll need:
- Black Eye Liner
- Black Eye brow pencil
- Contouring shadow
- Eye Shadow
- Black Mascara
Step by Step:
- Define the shape of the eye using a contouring powder and a soft brush.
- The shade you select is a matter of personal preference but the warm bronzy colors work with all skin tones. Apply the powder up to the brow bone and out towards the temple.
- Apply eye shadow starting at the inner corner of the eye and sweep it across the lid towards the temples.
- Apply eyeliner, on the upper lash line, tapering off at the end . This is the step that may require a little practice to perfect it. If you are new to using liner you may fine that a good kohl pencil works best. Some people prefer to ease into using a liquid or gel liner. From personal experience I advise you to learn to apply liquid eye liner for the serious dramatic look. best.
- To create a smoky look you can smudge the liner with a tiny pencil brush. (Optional)
- Finish off the look with a generous coat of mascara on top and bottom lashes.
Below is a video tutorial for creating the cat eye from MAC makeup artist Tiffany that shows the method she uses to create this look. She’s added a few extra steps than the ones I’ve listed but I chose to leave out the steps and products needed for contouring and coloring the cheeks. Instead I stayed with the basics for creating the cat eye.
Live Beautifully!More Ways to Get Your Gems:
About Taylor Gilmore
Creator and Author of blogs TaylorCares, GiaVanne's Gems, and Urban Philly Woman. Taylor is a Christian, Professional Blogger, Freelance Writer and Social Media Enthusiast.